PGCE, IHBC, A1 Assessor award, CIDESCO, CITY& GUILDS, BABTAC
Clare has over 26 years experience in beauty therapy, specialising in facial skin care and electrolysis, blend and diathermy, permanent hair removal. Her salon in Stowe Castle Buckingham, offers a comprehensive range of beauty treatments including specialist facials such as: CACI Ultra, Hydratone firming facials, microdermabrasion and relaxation facials such as the wonderfully indulgent Balinese facial.
Clare specialises in skin-care treatments, her unique approach to facials has contributed to her reputation as an authority on problem skin.
At The Beauty Therapy Centre at Stowe Castle, Buckingham, the therapists will bespoke a skin-care regime to achieve fantastic results.
Owner of The Beauty Therapy Centre, Clare Barker Clare is renowned for electrical epilation for permanent hair removal. This highly effective treatment will remove all superfluous facial hair. Clare uses both Blend and Diathermy methods for optimal results.
Wedding make up and perfect French manicures are another of The Beauty Therapy Centre’s favourite treatments.
Clare opened The Beauty Therapy Centre, Steeple Claydon in June 2004 achieving great respect in the community for her professionalism. Upgrading the salon premises to Stowe Castle Business Park Buckingham in 2013 has been an exciting adventure. The salon is open six days a week from 9.30 am Monday to Friday with late nights Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and 9.30 am to 3.30 pm on Saturdays.
The Shenley Church End Milton Keynes salon opened from October 2009 until May 2018, and shut in order to increase the size and scope of the Stowe Castle Salon to keep up with demand!
"Running The Beauty Therapy Centre gives me great pride and I wish to thank all my clients for their consistent support. I have been in this industry for over twenty six years, but it continues to challenge and motivate me. I have introduced several new treatments in recent years: O.P.I Gel soak off lacquer nail treatments . CACI Ultra firming facial, CACI body toning and Fake Bake spray Tanning, Semi-permanent lash extensions, Indian head massage, microdermabrasion and reflexology, all of which have been fantastically well received. This latest evolution of TBTC over two sites in Buckinghamshire has been a professional challenge and yet has felt like a natural progression. I am very proud and privileged to have a fantastic team of therapists, whom I have hand selected for their kind personalities, professionalism and high skill levels. All four therapists work in our Buckingham Stowe Castle Business Park and Milton Keynes Shenley Church End branches."
Professional Development History
- Graduated in 1987 after a three-year beauty/business course, qualified in all aspects of advanced beauty therapy and salon management
- I ran a successful salon in Singapore for ten years, drawing on the oriental influence to expand my massage skills
- I lectured in dermatology and electrolysis on the ‘BTEC Beauty Therapy Science’ course in Milton Keynes College for 4 years
- I Achieved my PGCE teaching degree from Oxford Brookes University in 2007
- I Gained my A1 assessor award in 2005, allowing me to assess the standard of future beauty therapists
- I gained the Sterex Electroysis Teachers Diploma in 2006
- We were awarded Elite salon status by Monu in 2008
- My team has enjoyed developing The Beauty Therapy Centre since opening in 2004 and look forward to its continued success.
- We opened the Milton Keynes branch of The Beauty Therapy Centre in 2009
- We celebrated our 2nd anniversary of Beauty Therapy Centre Milton Keynes in 2011, by investing in the highly aclaimed CACI ULTRA
- The whole team are members of the respected professional body for beauty therapy; BABTAC. Who recognise and award only the highest standards in beauty
- May 2013 upgraded to our specifically designed salon in Stowe Castle Business Park Buckingham.
- May 2015 became the first salon in the area to introduce Radio Frequency Facial Technology. The latest advance in Collagen boosting skin tightening
- May 2018 expanded Stowe Castle salon to six treatment areas to accomidate our growing client base
"To have the opportunity to design the layout of our salon from scratch has been the most rewarding experience. It has been exciting to dream up the perfect salon and see it come to fruition, with the help of my amazingly loyal, talented team."